ASSIGNMENT: Your job is to learn all about pioneer life through an Internet webquest. You will be looking at various web sites and answering questions about the information.
DIRECTIONS: There are five categories:
1. PIONEERS TRAVELED WEST
2. PIONEERS ARE SELF-SUFFICENT
3. PIONEERS HAD PROBLEMS
4. PIONEERS HAD GAMES / ENTERTAINMENT
5. PIONEER SCHOOLS
*Below each category is a list of websites that you will need to look at in order to answer the questions in each category. Follow the directions exactly and ask for help if you need it.
PIONEERS ARE SELF-SUFFICIENT
1. What did pioneers use to make medicines? Give an example.
2. What two materials did pioneers make soap from?
3. What kind of clothing did pioneer girls have to wear?
What kind of clothing did pioneer boys have to wear?
PIONEERS HAD PROBLEMS
1. What was the worst weather for the pioneers?
2. Why did most of the prairie fires start?
3. If your Conestoga wagon broke down, who could fix it?
PIONEERS HAD GAMES / ENTERTAINMENT
1. Name three games or toys the pioneer children used for fun.
2. Name two songs that pioneers liked to sing.
3. What is a quilting bee?
4. Describe one toy you would like to have if you were a pioneer.
1. How did pioneer schools get built on the prairie?
2. How did the pioneer teachers get paid?
3. If some pioneer children didn't obey, what would teachers do to them?